Monday, March 8, 2010

You Never Know Who Can Help You Out

I haven't been able to get a job for over a year now. I've been filling out applications, looking online to see if any businesses are looking for help, and came up with nothing. One of the girls in my program has been working in the Engineering offices for the past nine years. Their department just got approved to have a student assistant. My friend instantly got in touch with me and let me know. I filled out an application and got the job.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try to look for something. There are times you just need help and this is where having a good rapport with people comes in handy. Just having a wide range of people that you know can help you get where you want to go. Different people have different connections and you just never know how the impression you make on people will effect you. I think having good connections is a big part in finding a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment