Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Technology Drama

I just got through watching "True Life: I have technology drama" on MTV. There were two couples that were addicted to their Blackberry's, Facebook, and email accounts. It was to the point that they were having arguments about having a lock on their phone, who was leaving messages on their Facebook and who was leaving emails.

To me, the real issue is about trust. I don't feel the need to look through my boyfriend's phone or any other accounts because I don't feel like I need to. I'm pretty confident that he isn't talking to other girls, or going out to the strip club every night (like the guys on the show were). It's my opinion that if you are suspicious of your mate, and think he or she has something to hide, then they probably are guilty.

I'm not saying that guys are the only ones who are guilty of using technology to keep a secret life. In one of the relationships, the girl was complaining to her boyfriend that he was always on his phone and the internet, but she herself, was just as addicted! Can we say double standard??

1 comment:

  1. remember the simple days? Back before the internet's mainstream usage, and back to when cell phones really only made calls. Makes me kind of miss that. The internet has really molded mankind over the years. Cheating over the internet probably sounded crazy about ten years ago. Now look where we are now.

    ReplyDelete