Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Parking Ticket

During the semester I often stay with my boyfriend at his house in Ferndale. He lives with four other guys so there are always a lot of cars parked in front of his house. Since there is quite a short driveway and a lot of cars, I parked on the street just like any other night. Last night was the big snow storm of the winter. I heard that we were expected to get six to ten inches of snow, but usually there is never as much as the forecasters predict.

So I went to bed dreaming of snow angles and snowball fights. This afternoon, I awoke from my slumber to yelling downstairs. I asked the roommates what was happening. We had all received parking tickets for parking on the street during a snow emergency. I understand why I got a ticket, but I think the circumstances should be taken into consideration. There is a parking lot across the subdivision that is usually never full. But we are not allowed to park there because the spaces are reserved for "customers only". One of the girls (who also received a parking ticket today) got a ticket for parking in that parking lot. There's another lot right next door, but it is for the people who live in the parking complex. Getting my car towed, plus a fee, would be even worse of a penalty.

I'm thinking of fighting my ticket and explaining the situation to someone who might be able to help me. The ticket is only 50 dollars, but I would rather not pay it if I don't have to.

1 comment:

  1. That situation stinks. I have always wondered about things like that. We have 5 cars at my house, and during the winter we have to cram them all into the driveway. Luckily, the driveway kind of has an extension running off to the side of the house, and it is big enough to fit a car into.

    ReplyDelete