Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Drama, Drama. Keep It To Your Momma... Or at Least the Person You Have Drama With

As I told you all in my last blog, I stay with my boyfriend during the week. He lives with four other guys, and three of these guys have girlfriends. Needless to say, the house is always full of people. I try to keep to myself and boyfriend and not get involved with any disputes that may happen between roommates, girlfriends and boyfriends, and girlfriends and other roommates. Last week though, we were all dragged into an awkward situation.

We were all sitting together watching a movie, laughing and having a good time. It is a known fact amongst the people in the house that one of the girls has a bone to pick with another guy that lives at the house. She made it clear to all of us this night when he came home to her complaining and picking a fight. The rest of us were just sitting there, watching and listening to this all happen. I started to feel embarrassed, even though I wasn't even the one getting involved. I felt like saying something like "Can't we all just get along?" but I didn't want to start another argument.

If you have a problem with someone, don't start picking fights in front of other people. It gets really awkward and makes others uncomfortable. The old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" still applies to us, even though we're in our 20s. If you really want to start something, keep it between you and the other person, not five other people. It's just not classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment