Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympics

Since the Olympics started I've been trying to watch the games every night. The games I have been watching the most are the skating, snowboarding, and skiing. It amazes me how much these athletes have trained. They are so dedicated to their teammates, coaches, and to themselves. I love how determined they all are to represent their countries in such a positive way. I don't think anyone can imagine the joy and exuberance of receiving an Olympic medal and standing on that platform waving your country's flag.

But at what price does this great honor, to even compete at the Olympics, cost? I'm sure most of the competitors end up spending a lot of time away from their families. And this year, one man payed the ultimate price, his life, just for the sake of competition. I wonder if his family thought his dedication was worth it. They are left without a son, brother, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment