Sunday, January 31, 2010

Put On Blast By the Ex

My ex-boyfriend and I have been broken up for about a year now. While we were together he always wanted to have his own stand-up routine. Through the wonderful powers of Facebook, about three months ago I found out that he would in fact be performing at a comedy club in Royal Oak. When I found out about it I was tempted to go. My current boyfriend lives just outside of Royal Oak, so it would have been easy for me to make the trip. I refrained, however, for fear of seeing him, his friends, or family. And I'm glad I did!

Last week I was perusing good-old Facebook and saw that he had uploaded his stand-up routine onto Youtube. Curious, I watched. It was littered with immature potty humor and variations of jokes that everyone has heard before. In the background was pitty laughter, and the only person I saw clapping was his mom in the front row. But what got me the most was the bit he had somewhere in the middle. He told the crowd that he was single. That he had broken up with his last girlfriend (me) about a year ago because she had come down with a disease called "WHORE". It was the biggest laugh he got all night.

Needless to say, our relationship had ended on a bad note. I'm not sure if he said that hoping I would see it, or not. If I was in his shoes, I would not want the person I was talking about to know I was talking about them in that way. So, word to the wise, don't put something on the internet that you don't want someone to see. They will find it. Word to the wiser, don't be snooping on your ex's. It will only make you pissed.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have shown up to his performance. If he saw you, he might not have said the joke, and you would've ruined his best joke of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Tommy, Leah should've showed in to his performance to ruined his joke ;)

    ReplyDelete