Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Year Realization

I've noticed these past few weeks that being productive is the key to keeping healthy. My plan for the new year was to completely re-vamp my lifestyle: work out, eat healthy, quit smoking, not drink pop, stay productive, not make myself stressed. Now that the month is almost over, it's pretty much impossible to completely change one's lifestyle all at once.

The first day of the new year, I smoked about half a pack of cigarettes. I really didn't have anything to do, so I wasn't very productive. It seemed that this laziness bred more unhealthy habits: smoking because of boredom, eating because of boredom, sleeping because of boredom. Now that the semester has started, I have the chance to be more active and more productive. I am keeping up on my classes and not getting myself overwhelmed. Because I am not overwhelmed, but still keeping busy, I find that I am not smoking as much. Because I am keeping busy, I don't want to sleep during the day, which leads to better sleeping habits.

I haven't been working out like I had originally planned, and I always have to have a cigarette with my coffee in the morning, but overall I feel better with how this year has been going so far. This is going to be my decade, and I'm gonna keep doing stuff to make it so!!


No comments:

Post a Comment